CONNECTIONS - Creative labour, innovation and entrepreneurship in/as performance
Mini-Symposium 30. March, 2019. 11am-2pm.
Performance Studio, Centre for Drama, Theatre and Performance Studies, University of Toronto
Supported by the SSHRC SIG fund at U of T.
Antje Budde - concept and organizer
Ilona Posner - KEY thought presenter
Trina Moyan - KEY thought presenter and performer
Vicki Zhang - KEY thought presenter
1. Intro: Creative labour, labour of survival - Antje Budde - 5 min.
2. Quick intro by participants (name, background, interest)
3. KEY thoughts - Ilona Posner, Trina Moyan, Vicki Zhang - each 15 min.
4. Coffee, pizza
5. Brainstorm - round table discussion on IN(ter)VENTION
6. PERFORMance by Trina Moyan "The Cave that Hummed a Song" - A creation story about the 4 sacred medicines.
The (DDL)2 - my creative research lab - is currently in the process of developing a new project and grant proposals. In preparation for this I'm organizing a mini-symposium to map landscapes of ideas, brainstorm wild dreams, and possibly find collaborators and project partners (both research and companies). This project will serve as a conceptual and organizational preparation for the (DDL)2 ‘s intention to apply for the 2019 Connaught Innovation Award and perhaps the SSHRC Insight grant, focused on knowledge translation between disciplines, between arts/academia/businesses in the digital economies relevant to our fields.